One of the most exciting things I've done as a reporter is start and operate, along with my fellow government reporter Lindsey Erdody, Govtracker, a blog that focuses on local, state and federal politics.
Here's more of what I did for the blog:
I have experience working with data visualization programs including Tableau, Infogram and Datawrapper.
- How often have they voted? An examination of Pa. 31st District candidates voting records
- Nearly half of Pa.'s metro areas lost people in 2015
- Lead poisoning in Pa: should we be worried?
- Indiana's same-sex marriage laws changed over time
- Indiana House Scorecard and Indiana Senate Scorecard
- Mapping same-sex marriage in the United States
I've also used a slideshow format to tell stories:
I have experience running professional Twitter and Facebook accounts, as well as covering events on Twitter and Snapchat.